This is actually turning into a comedy piece I suppose. The fun part of writing I suppose is the fact you get to put complete bullshit into words. Sometimes we get to be heavy and real, but sometimes we get to try to make the planet laugh. When I look at some of the stuff I write here, I often think that I am trying to be a comedian all the time, even when I'm actually being serious.
Then again, I don't know how the rest of you see it, but then again should I really care? The whole purpose of this blog space was for me to tell the world about myself and then let them deal with it. I don't mind the feedback because I can pretty much do whatever I want with it. The funny thing about me is the fact that I actually believe in freedom of speech, even the speech I don't like or agree with, because that's the most important stuff to protect. I have plenty of unfavorable speech to speak and if I'm not protecting someone else's unsavory point of view, who will be protecting mine? Isn't this number one on the Bill Of Rights that so many Americans have fought and died for over the years?
- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Now I've gone and done it, now I've opened up a can of worms that will have people arguing and hating on me forever. I mentioned the first amendment to the Constitution and I didn't talk about religion first. Well, that's not what I'm talking about in this blog, so I'll just have to get to that one at another time. So what I think I'm going to do is just use the parts that I want and leave out the rest. I'm not saying it doesn't have a place, but just not here at this moment. Plus how many lawyers and political folks just use the parts they want and throw away the rest, lol?
- Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech
Okay, now that it says what I want it to say let's continue. I'm not here to play lawyer, because that's just not my bag baby, but I do like to think that I'm smart enough to read and comprehend. No where in this line does it say only the stuff that people like to hear is protected. No where in this line does it say only the popular consensus is protected. No where does it say that only the Right Wing Republican, Left Wing Democrat, or somewhere in the middle Independent is protected. So in my own interpretation of the line, it means everyone has the right to say pretty much whatever they want. So if you want to sit around and talk about how much you love living in the United States of America, that's okay. If you want to sit around and talk about how much you hate living in the United States of America, that's okay too. If you want to sit around and talk about how much you hate gays, Mexicans, Blacks, Muslims, Jews, redheads, blondes, brunettes, midgets, trolls, unicorns, rainbows, or smurfs, it's okay too. The thing is, you better be ready to have the folks that love all of that stuff come back at you with their opinions too. Just like it's your right to hate, it's someone else's right to love. In the end, it basically comes down to this, no matter how you feel about something you have the right to speak out about it, but so does everyone else.
Man, did that just get deep really quickly or what? This went from a mindless ramble about watching Dawson's Creek with my wife to what I thought was becoming a comedy piece to a full blown freedom of speech soapbox.
You got an opinion, well I would love to hear it. You may not like what I have to say about this subject, so type away. You might very well love this and want to chime in with agreement, so type away.
No comments:
Post a Comment